Wednesday, January 17, 2007

time for change

Over Christmas break (I still think of things in semesters), I saw an old friend from High School. His name is Jeremy and he sent me his blog today. He lives in New York and it's been so fun to read about his life and times. Go read his blog...it's great.

urbanjayhawk.com

He's inspired me to do more with my blog. I think I'm making it too complicated and it's really not too fun to read if you happen to stumble upon it. A lot of inside stories and meanings. It might be good to start out my second year of blogging by starting a new chapter. This is going to be a great year and it'd be nice if I had record of it.

It's FREEZING today in Chicago. Can I say I'm from Chicago if I live and work in the burbs? Some might say that's cheating. However, my life in times in Schaumburg isn't much of a draw. I'm headed into the city on Friday with Dustin to see Wicked. I'm so excited! I've wanted to see if for such a long time and he's taking me for my Christmas present. We saw Barbara Streisand together...he's my theatre friend. It's always nice to get dressed up and feel pretty. My day to day work attire gets so tiresome and leaves me feeling very unsexy. Dustin is always good at making our outings into dates and spoiling me. We've had so many adventures together...from Vegas to New York City...our relationship is actually pretty romantic! : ) I love that we've been to Central Park...rowing around in our little boat and walking the streets of Greenwich Village day dreaming that we'd live there someday together. For right now, we both live here. He needs to get a boyfriend in New York!

This week is just another week of pain for me I'm afraid. I'm so frustrated by my hip and my inablility to do daily tasks. Walking to the printer and getting a copy is on my nerves. My surgery is soon...I can't wait. The thought of doing about anything is hard for me. I'm not someone who suffers in silence. When I'm in pain, everyone knows. I don't like that about myself...but I'm not making big strides to change either. I'm sure my blogs will get a bit boring during my month at home...maybe I should do movie reviews during that time.

Im moving desks at work...near the BIG windows that look over the forest preserve. I'm excited about it actually. I love looking out the window and day dreaming. I used to go there for lunch sometimes. I love trees and forests. I'm afraid it will just keep the odd thoughts that trickle into my brain at a steady flow. I'm sure my co workers think I'm on drugs...I made a silly comment on how much I miss my neices and nephew and how I'd love it if they were Littles (like the cartoon) and could play around on my desk while I'm here. I guess that is a bit strange, but I think it's fun to think about.

Tonight is suppose to be date night. It's been a bit difficult to keep it going while Jason is so hard at work. It brought it up though...so we'll just have to see. I think we're going to see Babel. If we do, I'll review it. We saw Notes on a Scandal and Pan's Labyrinth over the weekend. I enjoyed them both...but they were each very disturbing in their own way. Jason wasn't thrilled about having Judy Dench's face in almost every frame of Notes...I think he would've rather had Cate's. Go see them though. They're worth seeing.

More to come.

No comments: