Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10.15.07

This morning I wake up in New York. My cat is banging around in the kitchen searching for something to eat...I forgot to feed her last night. I peel myself off of the hot leather couch (a bed would've been a nice touch) and make way to the cabinets. I find tuna fish, but no can opener. The next best thing is a church key...so I make an aluminum dotted line around the edges and pry it off the best I can. I slice my thumb. I put it in her dish and wrap the last paper towel on the roll around it. I'm pretty sure I don't have any band aids, that would require thinking about what could happen in the future and I'm not good at that. Course, it would also require to learn from mistakes and that hasn't happened either. Walking into my bedroom, I see Nikki laying comfortably in my bed. "It's time to go. It's after 8." She nods and slides out of the sheets onto the floor. "thanks for letting me stay...I'm sure they're at work now." (her parents fight) "Take my bike and get to school." She grabs the key off of the hook and heads down the stairs.

My thumb is bleeding through the paper towel. Shit. I need coffee. I'm too tired to shave today.

No comments: