Saturday, March 29, 2008

I could have a film podcast...

2007, a good year for movies. Been hooked on a film podcast that is inspiring me to get back to this blog. (Sceneunseenpodcast.com) Love the fact that podcasts are free entertainment.

Saw all but 4 nominated films this year in all categories. That's either charming or sad.

My top 10 of the year in no particular order:

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
No Country For Old Men (own)
(those are my top two)
Juno
3:10 To Yuma
Ratatouille
The Bourne Ultimatum (own)
Michael Clayton (own)
Sweeney Todd (own)
Black Snake Moan
Zodiac (own)

Honorary Mentions:

There Will Be Blood
Waitress (own)
The Assassination of Jessie James...
A Mighty Heart
Lars and the Real Girl
Margot at the Wedding

Rescue Dawn

Today I put all of my movies into an excel spreadsheet. (again, charming or sad?) We have over 200 titles. Not bad. (though some of the movies are just shit)

I'm watching Darjeeling Limited right now. There's a cool little film before the main flick...with Natalie Portman. Still have a crush on her.

This movie makes me want to take a train. So far...I'm really enjoying this.

I rented 4 movies and bought 4 movies (on sale) last night. On the agenda...

Rented: Things We Lost in the Fire (C), Darjeeling Limited (B+ so far), Eastern Promises (my second attempt), Rescue Dawn (very excited to see)

Bought- Premonition (shit movie, but I enjoyed it for some reason), Zodiac (need to rewatch, I was on heavy medication (hip) when I saw it), Blood Diamond (J loves it) and Bourne Ultimatum.
Next project to Excel the books!

No comments: