Thursday, February 04, 2010

damn damn damn damn damn!

Subject line is such a GREAT quote from My Fair Lady. It comes in handy for me quite often. Today, got up at 7, not bad. Z went down for nap around 8. I showered, got ready, got her ready...was REALLY feeling super mom-ish...got her into the car seat, went to heat up the car and BAM, it's dead. We had a 2 month appt. today. I had reschedule...but I was SO looking forward to mommy-Zoƫ day out! I was going to get Starbucks, I was going to head to Target...and just drive around in the sun with pumpkin. WE NEED OUT OF HERE! We'll get out on Saturday, I know, but it's just the disappointment. Z was really bummed about it. She comforting herself by singing in the swing right now. They need Baby Idol. She rocks out.

I've now reheated my coffee two times. I usually do this about 4-5 times. I can never drink it. Normally, I find it in the microwave.

The redecorating is slow. I'm trying to use things I have already in more creative ways. Think I'll make a collage that represents me at 35. Maybe do a Chicago collage...and a NY one. I'm needing some sort of expression lately. I feel good, just a little brain dead. Work helps, but only sometimes. I get too tired to read, but just keep reading a page or two at a time.

Z was wearing the most adorable outfit and then spit up 2 minutes later. I bet this girl goes through about 4 outfits a day. It's insane. Maybe other mothers don't change them as often? But I hate being cold and wet, so I imagine she does too.

Last night I rocked out. Folded TONS of laundry, put more loads in, emptied dishwasher, filled dishwasher, folded blankets, cleaned up kitchen, put baby down, gathered trash, cleaned out fridge and all in about an hour. I felt very Mary Poppins. Normally, I get 2 of those done as I desperately try to stay on the couch with Z on my lap. But, I need to really get up and get it done more...the sitting around thing is affecting my mental health. Again, how the hell does one have more than one small child?? Bravo to you girls!

Ok, off to look through mags. Z is snooooooozing. Love that about her!



More when it happens.

No comments: