Monday, March 01, 2010

James Cameron Sucks.


I taped 60 Minutes last night for Jason, but actually missed the part of the show he wanted to see...I started taping mid show. I just got done watching the half I did tape and there was a story about Kathryn Bigelow- the director of The Hurt Locker. A nice little piece on her...until they had to interview James Cameron- her ex. They were married long ago and now are up against one another for Best Director at the Oscars this year. He won the Golden Globe and said she would win the Oscar--hold up, he did not say, "because she deserves it" he said, "because no one can resist that story when they see her name on the ballot." The story refers to the first woman winning best director. I can't stand James Cameron. I've never liked him. He REALLY bugs me and now, after seeing this (though I'm sure he meant no harm), I am SO irritated. He made her win about the story and not about her merit. He shouldn't have even brought up that she'd be the first woman. He should have said, "She'll win because of the work, the woman thing isn't a factor." Now, on the flip side, I've been irritated with the film's leading man, Jeremy Renner and how he acted on Jimmy Fallon's show. He, however, has redeemed himself to me on Ellen and 60 Minutes. He was almost irritated that they made the story about her being a woman director and said her ovaries had nothing to do with it. He's sort of a Sean Penn-ish kind of guy. Irritated with the world, moody, but so talented it's gross. He can sing. In fact, he can sing and play the piano...and is good at both. I dig that.

Yes, Cameron can make a movie...more importantly, he can make movies that SELL. He's made some HUGE movies...the Alien movies, the Terminator movies, The Abyss, Titanic for heaven's sake--and now Avatar. The guy has tons of money and yes, he's talented but he comes off so damn full of himself. I can't stand to watch him. GO KATHRYN!!! I haven't seen Avatar, but it annoys me for some reason. It's basically Dances with Wolves in outer space. I did see The Hurt Locker. Was it the best movie I've ever seen? No, but it's pretty darn good.

I'm ranting, but I'm done now. Wow, he bugs.

.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Avatar was really good.

However, the remark about her winning because of the story is crappy and shows him in a really poor light.

Kortney said...

I think James Cameron has mother issues. He seems to have problems with feeling inferior to women. His divorce to Linda Hamilton seemed like he felt insecure with her success to. I don't like him. He should stay behind the camera with his mouth shut because he makes me not want to like his movies.