Thursday, April 01, 2010

A perfect afternoon

Z and I spent some time on the deck this afternoon. It was too hot around 2, so we went back out around 4 and just watched the birds. She rocked and I flipped through my Entertainment Weekly mag. Even Meryl came out. She was VERY interested in the birds. I got an awesome shot of a finch eating out of the feeder. The trees swayed and made a gorgeous relaxing soundtrack. The birds chirped and I sat there and made myself capture the moment mentally. Ever do that? You sit and think, "remember this moment...you're happy." I've been sitting inside for a couple days watching Sex and the City dvds. I started with season 3 and now I'm on 5. 4 is my favorite. I seem to understand different things more and the strike me differently than they used to. I laugh a lot more...and cry a lot more When Miranda's mother died, I just sat and cried. But, laughter quickly followed. It's a great series for the bipolar.

The days have been getting warmer and my mood is elevating. I need the sun. NY may not be the perfect choice for living if the sun is a major component in being happy...but I couldn't be without seasons. Maybe I love it so much because I appreciate it.

Today was appreciated. The blue sky, the birds, the warm sun...and Z laughing and cooing next to me. Perfect.

No comments: