Friday, August 13, 2010

The Family Stone



The family just drove away. I've already cried twice, I'm trying to keep up the reserves. Crying just makes me horribly exhausted for the rest of the day. It was a good visit. Having a quiet house again is a shock. Z loves her cousins. We packed a lot in. The departure day kept getting pushed out due to no one wanting to leave. That's a nice feeling. They were suppose to leave on Tuesday. Living far away has its advantages, but obviously, it is hard to know you won't see them for a long time. The kids will just get taller and more mature. People just keep aging. I'm not ready for all that comes with getting older. I'm not ready to be without those I love. I'm not ready for my body to start breaking down. (this is depressing!!)

The thing to focus on is the memories that you create with people. Trying to get as many good ones made as possible is a good goal. They make you rich. So does having pictures to look back on when you're older to reflect on days past. I find old pictures of my parents and grandparents fascinating. Z will have so many pictures to look through unlike I have. She'll see how many people loved her. She'll see pictures of her grandparents--the people that started all of this. I think it would be odd to look around at the people that you've created. The lineage. It's amazing really.

I'll write more later. I need to start putting my house back together. The hallways are quiet and the loft is silent. My house is starting to build the memories of Z's childhood. I love that.

No comments: