Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Slacker

It's Tuesday. It's snowing out...we probably have 7 inches and are expecting about 5 more. I have a book club tonight and I'm at the computer trying to cram for it. We're discussing A Light In August tonight and I didn't read it. I didn't even buy it. I found it online and was looking through it and now it's gone--the online book is missing. So, I'm reading all the notes I can find so that I can come of somewhat intelligent. I will tell them that I didn't read it, but that I really needed an outing. It meets downtown at a little place that serves chocolate and wine. So far there are 18 going. 4 dropped out due to the snow. We're also having a book exchange of books we don't want anymore. I just got done wrapping mine. It's "Secret Lives of Men and Women." I'd ordered it and then realized it was kind of a crap book. So, it can collect dust somewhere else.

Z seems to be giving up one of her naps during the day. This sucks. The morning nap allows me to shower and get ready for the day. The afternoon nap allows me to either clean house or nap myself! (Or to research a book I haven't read) Please let this just be a phase. She's teething badly and has been all out of sorts.

I'm DREADING the flight to Orlando on Saturday. I can't wait to get there...but holding Z on my lap seems to be a crazy move. She wants to walk. She won't want to sit for over 2 hours. I feel a lot of "looks" and glances coming our way. I've always been very nice to other mothers on planes with children who scream--please let this be my pay it forward moment.

I'm really hoping there is at least one interesting person tonight. Could I have a future friend? I feel like I'm speed friending. I want to sit down with each person for a few minutes and decide whether I want to pursue a friendship with them or not. I have wonderful friends...but none of them live here. I miss having someone to go to eat or to movies with--other than J, of course. Please don't let this be a singles meet up group.

An update to come...

No comments: