Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blahness is out.

I always seem to have higher expectations for people and situations than what actually happens. If you have low expectations just so that you're not disappointed, won't you always wonder what would've transpired if the bar were higher? I do feel disappointed a lot. I hate that. I do take the experience and earmark it for later. I've disappointed a lot of people. I can think of a few times when I came in so below the mark that I am ashamed and never quite feel redeemed no matter what I do. All I can do is move forward. I can do better. I can try to shine brightly instead of being a gray cloud. I am attracted to positivity and cheerfulness. I used to be pulled into the dramatic and depressing. No more. I want to feel like the people in the Firework video--like I have a sparkler stuck in my chest. I wish everyone had a sparkler. I wish everyone was bright and cheerful...not annoyingly so, just enough to keep up the energy.

No comments: