Thursday, September 01, 2011

The grass isn't greener.

Lazy day. Cool, breezy and all our friends outside seemed to be relaxing as well. A mother deer and her fawn took a nap in the backyard for a bit. Little one ran off to play and mom lied in the yard for quite a while. I snapped a pic and uploaded it to Twitter. (vbvidmar) Our bat is vacationing. She hasn't been sleeping above the door in two days. She normally is only here about 4-5 days a week. Z likes to go see if she's here in the morning. That's a little disappointing for her. I had the screen open listening to the outside noises. I heard an owl, but didn't see him. I believe I caught a shot of him once. I'll have to upload it for you. It's fuzzy though.

Not a lot going on inside the house. I was getting a little anxious about all of the visitors we're having. Not that they are coming, but WHEN...it's hard to get the dates nailed down. I'm trying to have a girls' weekend but it's tough with everyone's schedules. That may have to be delayed. Dustin is coming for a week at the end of October for Halloween. That will be great fun. He, Jason and I love Halloween. My Dad and his wife are coming mid-September for about 5 days. He hasn't seen Z since she turned 1. Gosh. He's in for it. She's almost two now. Unbelievable. It's gone by so quickly...and yet, not. All I can do right now is think about pushing the reset button. I watch Z's baby videos of when she was first born and think, "yes, let's do it again." Then, something else will come up in my head and I think, "we're perfect right now." I just don't know. I feel like I'll wake up and know.

I always love change. But, life is good now. I love my family, my house, my city...my life. It's difficult to think about what could be. When life is good...it's hard to think about messing with the chemistry of it all. I've spent a lot of my life feeling like something needed to change. I would feel miserable or depressed. I'd feel so unsettled. Now, I feel mostly at peace. I don't feel anything missing. Do I wish things were perfect in other aspects of my life? Sure...but as for what I can control, I feel okay.

How many people make big changes when they don't feel the need for it?

No comments: