Monday, October 03, 2011

More on Monday

Went to the gym today and of course listened to my audiobook- Kate Remembered. Scott's relationship with Katharine becomes so close--spending almost every weekend with her for long periods of time. She comes down from the sky into your living room. I see her as a person instead of a personality. I find her to be so rich with life. Her temper, her quick wit, her athleticism, her strong opinions--a great role model. She swam quite a bit, even with snow on the ground. She wasn't much for sitting around. She was constantly questioning and learning--and stating her own thoughts on every matter. I think she surrounded herself with young people in order to stay current with the world and with her inner young woman. Our bodies age, not our minds or how we view ourselves. Well, I think they can...but she is proof that that doesn't need to happen. I strive for that. She's even encouraged me to go to the gym more. I go almost every day now. Even if it's not 1000 calorie burn, it's toning and time alone to think. Listening to the book brings the ache back of missing my grandparents, esp my grandma. I so wish I could talk with her again- or just hear her laugh. Now is the time when I'm ready for the cooking lessons and to hear about her childhood. I was too young to know WHAT to ask her about when she was alive. I hate that. I'm used to this feeling. I'm slow to learn many things about people. I'm slow to understand them. Slow to know how to be a good friend. It takes years for me to figure it out. Kate seems to be one that figured so much out so early. This is becoming a trend. Maybe it's just me. It's frustrating to learn the hard way.

No comments: