Friday, January 27, 2012

Eavesdropper

Today I'm researching. I had my playwriting class last night. It was the first night. It was intimidating. I felt such anxiety to write something profound. It didn't happen. I wanted to write something perfectly witty and inspired. That didn't happen either. We had 10 mins to put together 2 pages, 2 characters--neither could say over 4 words per line. The first line was "I'm here." It was challenging. I did it, but it wasn't fantastic. Today I'm relieved to have a week to create. We're to have a scene and a monologue done by next Thursday. I have no idea what I will write. I'm looking through magazines to get ideas from pictures. It will come to me. It's a great way to make your brain work in ways it doesn't normally. It's a good way to jump start my writing. I loved the building we were in. It's definitely a community of writers...like minded souls. I felt at home.

So, today...I'm thinking of conversations that I would love to overhear. What would keep me glued to every word? What would I be willing to stand in the hall for ten minutes to hear?



On a side note...about good conversations...Rosie totally reconstructed her show on OWN. It was a talk show with an audience...it was rather boring to me last season. This season it is a one on one conversation with her guest. She did a two day show with Kathy Griffin and it was excellent. Really. It could be that not every show is a one on one...but the ones that are, are spot on.

Here is a clip. They didn't have the best moments of the show posted, but these aren't bad.



here's one more.

No comments: