Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Freak outs and Films

Today, I feel as if I SUCK at my job. I SUCK at being a mom. WTF. My sweet Kindergartner refused to go to school today. She is such a perfectionist that after her teacher made a comment about her "being off" and it sent her into another dimension. ugh. I took her to the school counselor finally. But this is after I went downstairs and the tears just flew down my face. I felt as if I'd failed her somehow. I'm always having that damn feeling. I'm responsible for everyone's self-worth.
And the other, my easy one, Harper, 3--refused to go into school with the shoes she was wearing. I'd had it by then so, yeah...I ran her over to Target and bought her $10 (on sale) golden high tops. She was happy...she went to school...I was free.

So, you know what, I also suck at sticking to a schedule. I set one up to follow and it's totally not working. Life doesn't work with a schedule...not if kids are involved.

Enough.
So, movies I've seen lately...

Regarding Henry--1991. Harrison Ford and Annette Benning.
I've seen this multiple times, but it was on Netflix, so I decided to be inspired once again. It's a perspective movie. What is important...and how life can change in an instant. Everyone watches movies with that message. We all know it...but how many really have it change their lives? Not many, but a great little movie.

Truth- Robert Redford and Cate Blachett
It's the fall of Dan Rather...because he reported on info that was fake, though he didn't know it was fake...and everyone is mislead. It's very slanted toward Dan, which is fine. It was just okay. eh. I even forgot I saw it, it didn't stick.

Elsa and Fred (2014) Shirley Maclain and Christopher Plummer.
Cute, whacky, the end is never the end, there is a place for "crazy" people and there is someone who will love them and whom they will bring back to life.
A nice way to spend an evening...I was glad there was a movie that gave them parts. I watched for the actors.

Match (2014) Patrick Stewart.
Okay, I actually watched this one months ago, but it STUCK with me. I loved it.
It's another "it's never too late" films, but it works. He was magnificent. Worth the watch. I might buy it. He is so captivating. wow.

The Staircase (a doc--2004) 8 episodes. Did he kill his wife or not?
I was for some reason, captivated...not sure he did it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I suck at sticking to a schedule too. I have a 4yo girl and a 1yo boy and I'm always beating myself up for not being better about keeping them on a schedule. It just doesn't come naturally to me