Monday, May 08, 2006

Lighten up!

I keep reading others' blogs. They seem easier to read...mine is so bogged down by heavy emotions and themes...maybe for the summer I'll take it easy and just journal a bit. It'll be a nice summer to document I think.

The weekend was nice. Gorgeous weather!! I went to Kelmo's Cinco de Mayo party on Friday. I finally got to see Bryan post-wedding. He got me a drink for the ride home! nice! He's a happy boy. We rode the train back to the city with Steve and crew. We chatted a bit about upcoming events and then we all walked to Kelmo's. Good to see people...saw a lot of new faces and unfortunately I wasn't in my "get to know new people" mood. I had J come get me and we went to see MI3. He liked it a lot...I couldn't get the "that's ehh sicky Tom Cruise and he's such a freak-boy" mantra out of my head. We agreed it was better than the other two. I think it has to do with Hoffman. I listened to Eric and Kathy this morning and Eric didn't get the ending...hmmm...I didn't find it that difficult?

Finally broke out the bikes this summer. Biked to Blockbuster to get a couple of movies. We got House of Wax...we love bad scary movies. Didn't get to watch this one. We also got Malice. Ryan quotes the movie and J had no idea where he got it. It's a great quote!

(Jed)- I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trama from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, _Dennis_, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

GREAT stuff!!!!

Sunday was a great day for many reasons. I think a lot of questions were answered and I feel a lot better...lighter. I think life seems to be suddenly a bit easier. We went to the park and threw the football...there was a softball game going on so we got distracted by that. After I freaked out about not having chores done...of course all I wanted to do then was blow them off and go outside. He, of course, just rolled with the punches. We went to Hacienda and talked a lot about what to do with the fam comes in for the big week. He wanted to take them all to Mid-Evil Times...uh...no. Although Wendy thought the idea was very sweet...she wants us to wait until they're older. It's going to be a full house...wow. Wendy said she felt it would be a lot of fun to have so many packed in the apt. I think so, too. Ended up in the burbs later. Dustin showed off his new clothes and the boys made some sort of date to figure out a surround sound system plan. J's been obsessing over electronic equipment lately...and now Dustin is following suit. (Not nearly as much as J.) Pretty cute.

I went to the forest preserve today for lunch. Read a book and enjoyed the weather. I actually got too hot! It was great!! J is installing the AC unit soon. He wants to get another for the kitchen. Nothing like getting a new phone line (internet sourced) in the apt so you have a better connection and then adding 747 noise behind it.

The futon is now disassembled...bye Jill Scott futon. It was nice to know you.

It's now the consensus that maybe I shouldn't go see United 93. Both J and CK said that it might be good to wait until dvd. Might have to do that. If I passed out during The Aviator during the plane crash...I know I won't handle it well.

No comments: