Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blonde Ambition

Well, I missed a day. I was busy getting blonde. I figure, the best way to have a good conversation is to go to get my hair done. I went down to a very cool part of Rochester-Park Ave- and chatted it up with Kim the hairdresser for about 2 hours. She talked me into getting my hair cut as well...why not! My inspiration was Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors. My hair pretty much resembles that. I wish other parts of me resembled her as well. Anyway, I mentioned that to Kim and she didn't know the movie. Hmmmm. I find that a lot. I watch too many movies I think. I talked to my friend Angie the other night and she asked me what I wanted to do...career wise. I'm not so much a career gal, but I suppose if I had to choose anything in the world...a movie critic would be at the top. So, as I was in the shower (I do most of my thinking there)--I thought, well, why not! I'll just blog my reviews (along with millions of other bloggers) and keep them for posterity! My future kids could read them if they wanted...or my friends could check there before they head to the theatre. Sounds good. Now, I just need to go see a movie! My friend Paul says that the new Bond wasn't spectacular. Besides, I need to wait for Jason. My netflix que right now is Oklahoma! -- with Hugh Jackman...I love him. He's amazing looking and amazingly talented. I'm a sucker for a dashing man who can sing. I'll try to watch that today...the other is...Miller's Crossing. I haven't seen it yet. I KNOW! It's a Coen brothers' movie from 1990. I'll comment on one of those.

This morning I was on line with a Kodak customer service person (chatting) trying to fix my camera. I think I'm going to have to buy a new chord for it. Shoot. I have all of these great pics and I can't get them onto my computer! I'm not a huge fan of the Kodak share software. Living in Rochester, that's probably a sin. (Home of Kodak)

Anyway, so after getting all blonde, I stopped in a cute little restaurant down the way, Cibon. I had a salad and a diet coke (with lime). I really liked the color of the walls in there. I found it funny that when I sat down, the waitress served me two waters with two sets of menus and then left me alone for 10 minutes. Finally she asked if I wanted a drink while I was waiting. Guess they don't get very many lone diners in there. I'm not sure if that was very interesting, but it was something I thought about all during lunch.

Well, more later...I'm off to Target I think. If I make it out of there with just a camera chord, it will be a miracle.

No comments: