Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Meryl Streep doesn't feel fabulous.

Ok. The cat is still sick...and she hates me. When I go to get her for her medication she just lets out a low growl. She's never mean, she just wants me to know how uncomfortable she is. I feel awful for her. The apt smells like sick cat...it's not good. "Sick cat" smell is strong urine/blood high in bacteria. Jason will take her back to the vet on Thur morning for more tests.

Today was my first full day. It was successful. I can tell because I'm tired. I came home and watched 3 episodes of The West Wing and called Mackenzie to hear her open her presents! 4 years old today. Ugh. I hate to miss those things. I watched a video yesterday of Kendra turning 4. They all have to grow up. True, we get amazing adults, but I love the babies...and the toddlers a lot. They think you're great...they say what they think and they love you because you are good to them and spend time with them. It's simple. Kendra and Derek are still pretty good with me...they humor my Auntie moments of kissing and hugging too much. I think the fact that I live far away helps. They don't have to deal with it that much! Mandi and Eric's kids barely know me...but I feel we will be good friends in the future when they want vacations! I will be the cool aunt then.

I'm tired and I need to read some Updike before sleep.

Meryl is in by the heater in J's office...curled up, feeling awful. Man...that's really how I spent a lot my college years. I feel for her.

.

No comments: