Monday, March 02, 2009

My Monday

-Put out the garbage can/recycle box (figured out it was FREEZING)
-Had to go to the post office to mail off a box and 2 important envelopes.
-Went to the grocery store and got meals for the week.
-Read Jane Fonda's blog
-Decided to create a Twitter account.
-Figured out the Twitter account is useless because none of my friends are on it...I'm just following Jane Fonda, NY Times, NPR and John Mayer. Odd.
-Made "no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies" because I've been craving them.
-Watched The View
-Forced myself to go to the gym because I felt guilty for the no bake cookies.
-Looked around the gym to feel better/worse about myself.
-Got irritated about the numbers pouring into the gym and left after 45 mins.

At least I went. I hate going. I went yesterday, too. A private gym is nicer...but oh well. My other gym had age restriction...you had to be 18 to get in. I don't have kids yet, so I can be grouchy about the herds of screaming kids that dart every direction. Fathers come a lot with them...I'm guessing so he can throw them in the pool and he doesn't have to watch them. (I'm jaded.) I want children...but I don't want them around me while I'm working out. Of course, I don't want anyone around me. I'm extremely anti-social at the gym. Since I hate it there--it only brings out my evil self. (hence, not wanting kids around me.)

I have a book club on Wednesday. They are reading The Shack. Ronda gave me the book over Christmas to read (and return) and I haven't done it yet. I figure, this is my chance. Plus, I've been trying to get into this group for months! I know it's a religious book...or at least that's what I've heard. I'm wondering if it will be difficult for me to read--or if I'll find it inspiring. It seems to be very popular. I didn't do well with the last really popular book everyone told me to read--Twilight. Oh my. That one drove me insane...and the grown women who are freaking out about it??? I don't get it, but I'm having a hard time with that part of myself--the teenage dreamy part. I've read too many memoirs and can't remember what fiction is like. You'd think I'd be ok with it--I love to escape in movies. I've read 200 pages in it and I just didn't go back. I feel like she wrote it with a thesaurus by her side. I'm sure I'll eventually finish it--but I need to wait until I'm ready. Unlike a lot of people, I know when I am going to be able to connect with a book or not. If not, I just stop reading. I move on to the next. I'll read parts of tons of books and not read the whole thing. Do I have a completion issue? A commitment issue? Do I have ADD??

Tonight--the finale to The Bachelor. Yes, I can't read Twilight, but I can watch The Bachelor. Ridiculous!! I won't say I can't wait!! But I will say that I am looking somewhat forward to seeing the end. (Mostly because I get a kick out of Jason's reactions to the show. He loves it.)

I'm off to eat a cookie...and then do some sit ups to counteract it.

No comments: