Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Of all men's miseries the bitterest is this: to know so much and to have control over nothing. "

It is possible that lately, I am more prone to irritation. It's not only externally focused. I get equally, if not more, frustrated with myself! Yesterday I was ticked off that I couldn't get the KU game on t.v.--and now realize that I spent a ton of time looking for updates and the final score on the wrong day. It's today!! Embarrassing.

Today my big fight was Ebay based. I bought The History of Herodotus for $10 ($14 with shipping) in January and never received the book. It was such a nice copy too. Printed in 1940, leather bound...ugh. It was a steal!! I sent the money, the person cashed it and no book. I wrote them twice with no response. I finally had to leave negative feedback and opened a case with PayPal. I hate doing stuff like this. Yes, it was only 14 bucks, but I really wanted it. It really sucks. I love Ebay. I have a shopping issue and it is my way of feeding that need without spending a ton like I used to. I let myself spend say, 10-15 bucks...and it makes me so happy! I've bought 3 movies over the past month for $3 a piece!! That rocks. I refuse to buy a dvd for more than $10 now. I'm all over Target's $5 or $10 wall. You can find some real gems!

The History of Herodotus was featured in The English Patient (my favorite movie). Ralph Fiennes' character carries it with him throughout his life. It would've been cool to have.

(The Blog title is a quote from Herodotus)

No comments: