Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too much

Had a great weekend in Atlanta! Macca was awesome--of course. He played for 3 hours...including 2 encores. At one point, it just poured on all 40,000 fans...and no one was phased. Everyone just sang and swayed along. Very cool. It was the perfect girl weekend...good food, great convos and great shopping! My belly got hot though..ended up with a heat rash. Atlanta is just a bit hotter than Rochester. Man, did that look unattractive!!

After the concert, there was such a feeling of being a part of something big. Everyone poured out of the park onto the streets--they don't have parking in or nearby. The streets were bulging with people on both sides for probably miles. They flooded the train station, so we ended up walking and eventually catching a very empty and welcomed bus. I was exhausted and my feet were starting to ache. The alternative of waiting for probably hours at a train station, so I did not complain.

I have much on my mind today, but it's almost too much effort to write it all out. Let's just say the lessons I can pass on to my daughter seem to be piling up lately. I need to start a little book.

This is too vague...maybe I'll have the energy to expand tomorrow.

No comments: