Thursday, February 25, 2010

Much ado about nothing.

Last night we had 3 deer visit. I saw the motion light had come on and looked to see them in the side yard. I spread about 2 big cups of cracked corn out for them. They watched me come out and throw it out for them. Slowly, the walked over and ate for about an hour or so. I stood and watched them in the dark of my living room. It was a nice sight. There used to be four of them that roamed together. I don't know where the other was. Hopefully, just in another yard. Tonight, it is too snowy to put anything out for them. It would be buried too quickly. I worry how they find food in the winter.

I quit the job today. It was sad. Dan was so nice on the phone and really sounded bummed out that I wouldn't be there anymore. He made plans for me to come in next week to say goodbye to everyone and to bring Z in to meet the group. He also wanted to come by the house next weekend for dinner. I was hoping we'd still be friends, so that will be nice. It was hard to leave a place where I enjoyed working...and where I felt happy to be each day. I never dreaded my job. I have in the past for sure. Working with the Indian group was really a great experience for me. I learned a lot about their culture and was really treated well. Now, it'll just be me and J. Most everyone we've met around here has been from my work. I'm not really that worried about it. I feel like I have a lot to look forward to and have had a steady flow of visitors. We're looking at going to Lake Placid for a week in July. I'll research that. I have to have things to look forward to. It will get me through the monotonous days I'm sure to have.

It's late and I'm tired. The snow keeps falling. It's been snowing all day. The flakes are small, so we've only had about 4-5 inches so far from what I can tell. By morning, they say it'll be around a foot. The snow plow keeps pushing the snow up on our lawn. I'm thinking by tomorrow, it'll be the perfect height to make an igloo.

No comments: