Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Silent Movies



Every morning, we walk over to see Z in her bed. She's been grunting for a little bit...and she looks up at us and gives a HUGE smile. That's my favorite part of the day. She gets up for about an hour...where she smiles and then frowns...and has a wide range of emotions. Then, she's in her swing upstairs listening to Light Classical on cable and sleeps for an hour or two. Quite the life. One I wish I had.

It snowed again. I put more bird feed out. My main goal is the cardinal that I've grown fond of. However, he is a ground feeder, so I'll have to get one. The one we have is hanging off our balcony.

So, I've been having somewhat of a mental block when it comes to my writing. This is due to reading other blogs. Kortney's really. Her life is totally different than mine. She NEVER has a dull moment with her 7 kids. I, on the other hand, have lots of days where nothing happens at all. I was feeling rather boring. Then I realized as I thought how snoozeville a reality tv show would be about my life--that my blog is more like May Sarton's writings. I love her. I find them so nice to read...yet, not a lot goes on. She thinks a lot...and she writes about the nature around her. I guess until Z gets older, my blog won't be very funny. K's blog is fun with lots of goings on...and I need to relish the quiet before all that sets in. My followers are few, if any. My blog doesn't inspire or give great hints about parenting because I'm learning as I go. I'm sort of blah right now...tired maybe. Or, just coasting. One day, I'll have posts that will make people laugh and smile at the crazy things going on...until then...I'm just classical music and snow covered trees swaying outside my windows.

.

1 comment:

Kortney said...

I take peace in your writing and your calm. And even in your anxiety and thoughts. When you think you are boring, I think you are introspective (is that a word). I am more of a news reporter listed factoids. You are more of the analyst thinking about what is happening.

I'm glad we are different.