Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today was the best day of my life.


Well, it could be, right? The fact that nothing out of the ordinary happened shouldn't mean a thing. The fact that everyone is safe at home tonight, in good health, fed, quenched and warm is more than many can say. Anyone in Haiti would wish this. Anyone homeless anywhere would wish this. My days are monotonous. I've been in the house for days without leaving. I like my house-but this is getting a little old. I've filled the photo albums, hung pictures, filled out the baby book, re-organized her room and cleaned the kitchen repeatedly. I got to take about a 30 min nap today. This is a good thing. I was able to work a little. I do have a big project that I need to get done by next week for work that I'm a big freaked out about...but oh well.

We're leaving for Cleveland to see more people that love us and that adore Z. Some can't say that. We have cars that are in good working condition. We have the money to pay our bills. We love each other and our daughter. We have good teeth. (I find this very important.)

No, I don't have a damn fun, interesting or crazy thing to write today--but, Jason just fed Z and put her down for a nap...I just had some chili (for the 4th night in a row) and Grey's Anatomy is on tonight. That's a pretty damn good day.

Oh--and new birds came to eat today! I need to catch them at the feeder. I'm working on that picture. Meanwhile, here's a pic of my daughter having amazing tummy time!!!


.

2 comments:

Jen said...

She's so cute!!!!

Nice dose of perspective in this post.

Kortney said...

She's adorable and I love your life. It feels like crisp cleansing air. I dig it.