Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday morning coffee is the best.

Today, Z got up at 4:50am and Jason took her upstairs so I could sleep. It's Saturday!!! Although he was tired...Saturdays are my time to sleep in. (Though, he took her upstairs during the week as well as I snoozed a bit longer.) He's had a busy week, so he pitches in when he can. I got up around 8:30ish. I poured myself a cup of coffee and put it in the microwave to heat...then got distracted when I had to take out crap in the fridge to get to my creamer. I just kept taking out more crap...and I laid it all over our kitchen. We had 3 practically full bottles of 57 Sauce, 7 different jars of salsa, 4 different jars of green olives, 5 different kinds of mustard and 3 jars of apple sauce. I'm embarrassed. The ridiculous amounts of food that we keep buying because we are too lazy to look to the back of our fridge. So, I cleaned it all out, sprayed the shelves and put back the remaining "still good" containers.

oh, yeah, my coffee...I zapped it for 25 seconds.


Then, I swept the floor. That was over due. And made cinnamon applesauce to eat that up. Then started a laundry...fed Z and rocked her to sleep. When I looked down, I saw a bit of "cradle cap", so I rubbed Vasoline in her hair (like I was instructed to online) and her hair was insane! Full of flakes and grease...so I washed it and washed it and washed it and it's still stiff. I've ruined her hair. She laid there smiling and cooing for about a half hour as I obsessed over combing through the flaking scalp.

Man, I could use some coffee. Zapped it for another 25 seconds.

Jason left to see the taxman. I vacuumed the upstairs, put Z back to sleep after she woke up irritated that I dare leave her side, took a shower, put Z back to sleep again, put all the paper away in the kitchen (due to Jason's frantic tax paper throw together) and guess what...

My coffee is still in the microwave.

Tonight we're having teriyaki chicken! I've been marinating it for 24 hours and I'm about to make my first recipe! I've started taping Paula Dean. She makes me so happy. She also cooks like I do--somewhat healthy/non healthy down home cookin'! She's like my adoptive grandmother. I literally feel happiness when I see her. Is that weird?

I'm combing through more recipes today to come up with a grocery list. Please let Jason be ok with going it alone. I hate grocery shopping.

.

No comments: