Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday night.

Hi to those that I think about but don't contact.
I think about many that go on without knowing.
Hi to the women that have made me who I am.
I keep your teachings close to me.
I watch you...I listen...and I keep tabs on you.
I miss when times were easier to keep in touch.
When we used to be able to spend warm summer nights talking.
Some I may have obsessed over more than others, but all important.
Women have a pull. They are survivors and they are warriors.
We have a sisterhood--that if lived well is magical and brave.

I've always found women more interesting than men. Always. Mostly because I am a woman. One that has felt lost since I remember feeling anything else. I can't look to men to see how to be--but women I've admired and always tried to imitate.

Some of my long lost women friends are floating about out there. They are being amazing and living life like I'd like to live my next life.

I have a little warrior in the other room. I will teach about all the women in my life. Hopefully, she will find friends that are equally amazing. Sadly, there are too many women that are as cruel and hideous as anything on Earth. So many use their powers for evil instead of good--and man! are they evil and wretched beings. I love women as much as I can hate them. It's rare that a man will evoke such an emotion in me.

.

2 comments:

Motherhood Mayhem said...

I love reading your writing! So glad you are do it again!

Kortney said...

I pray for my daughters to feel empowered and to know how to embrace all that it means to be a woman. It sounds so "i am woman hear me roar" buts its true. I have been taught and shaped by the women around me. I am glad my daughters have you.