Wednesday, June 09, 2010

We leave tomorrow.

Last night I could barely sleep and today I was up before Z and J. I showered and started packing. I have Z all packed and I'm pretty much done with my own bag aside from all the shit I need in the morning. I made some calls and nailed down my visits and am starting to be able to breathe again. This whole thing is ridiculous. I'm referring to my over reaction to this trip. I'm anticipating hurt feelings and awkwardness. That's sad. I'm going home...a place that should be a safe zone. Instead, I feel as if I'm headed into war. If it wasn't $140/hr to talk to Joan, I'd call her. I should be excited to introduce Z to my good friends and see family! I need to chill out. This is so damn boring to read.

To add to the stress, my perfect child has become Miss WHINY!!! I understand her teeth are hurting her, but geesh. She's been adorable and great. Now, when we're about to show her off, she's a little demon. She's cute, but a little annoying to me right now. She's very vocal. Could she be sensing my neurosis? Great...it's like a virus.

Jason hasn't started packing. He won't until tomorrow morning. If the guy were headed out on a month long trip overseas, he'd still wait until an hour before we have to leave. I used to find it kind of wild, but now I find it nuts. He's missed an international flight before...this is the kind of guy he is. I should learn to accept it and just start putting things out that he needs to pack as some sort of guide. A lot of women pack their husbands. No way. This man has to pick out his own clothes and make sure he has ALL of his hair/skin products that he needs. He's a bit metrosexual, but he's hot, so I'll deal.

I've started my journey out into blog world. I've been in it for years, but haven't really gone digging before. I'm kind of excited to be inspired by others--either that or I'll just keep finding more and more women who are just that much cooler than me. (probably)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Text me for support anytime -- visits home can be rough. But maybe it will be great!!! But text me anyway. :)