Friday, July 30, 2010

Floundering

We put up a bird feeder and a birdbath in the front yard. Initially, it was for the cardinal family. I was worried the parents were spending too long away from the next to find food. Yes, I am aware that this is a silly worry. However, I thought we'd just bring the food to them. Plus it was hot...and they need water, right? Ok, the emotional attachment to these birds is out of hand, I know this. I take pics of the every day...and when they fly away I'll have empty nest syndrome early. The bird feeder is a hit. Mom likes to sit with Z in the front room and watch all of the birds flutter in and out. The squirrels catch what the birds drop to the ground. It's fun to watch them all. Either you find this post charming or you think my life is as boring as any could get.

J's brother Nate is coming tonight with 2 college friends. Could be interesting. 3 19 year olds in the house. hmmm. Then on Sunday, Wendy and clan will be here for 10 days. That's a full house! I look forward to their visit, but it also means that mom's time here is coming to an end. I get so attached to her while she's here. This time, especially. Ugh. I want her to move to Rochester. It's too soon for her. She, like Jason, takes a lot of time to make decisions. I'm a snap decision person. I think I decided to move to Chicago, Cincinnati and then back to Chicago in minutes. I was driving down the road when I decided my move to Cincinnati. My friend Lisa lived there with her husband John. In fact, they were newlyweds and took me in. It was a great time for me. However, I was still in my medicated fog and wasn't much of a roommate I'm afraid. Cincinnati is beautiful. I spent 6 months there as happy as a clam. I love the city and I loved being with Lisa. They were very good to their lost friend. I hope I'm able to pay it forward one day. Some lost soul will need my help and understanding as they muddle through life for a while and I'll be there.

As you can see, I'm rambling...and have little of true importance to say.
Maybe later. I'll try to post some cardinal family pics. Hold your breath!

No comments: