Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Bright Side.






Today, I hung the Beatles pics in the laundry room finally and folded laundry. I took Z for a beautiful walk around the neighborhood. I swept out the garage that we are still in the process of sorting. I rearranged the loft so there would be more space. I cleaned the litter box. I cleaned the kitchen and swept off the deck. I paid the New York Times bill. Yes, I'm productive. Do any of these things really matter? Not really, but it's my day. Each day is full of housework and baby time. Do I miss working outside the home? Sometimes. I miss being productive for a group of people. I miss having people come by my desk and chat. I miss feeling like I made someone's day easier. Yet, I have that now as well. Z figured out how to lean over and give me a kiss today. She's been doing great with the little rings around the pole as well. She's standing more. Her laugh has more belly in it. She's happy. The house is a pleasant place to be. When it's dark and quiet...it's probably my favorite place to be. The loft--mid afternoon with the windows open and the sounds of the trees outside--ahhhhh...it's just good. We all have such different lives. Jason is stuck in his office all day with the internet that keeps crashing. He doesn't enjoy his day as much as I do. My Chicago friends are at work in their offices and dealing with awesome lunch choices--and maybe some traffic. Maybe they leave work and hear the sounds of Chicago surrounding them. (I miss that, especially the trains) My mommy friends are tired and wishing for a shower--but loving that their children are making memories each and every day that involve them. Everyone has challenges and happiness in each of their lives. It's amazing to me. I feel very alone at times. I think we all do. Work is too much. The stress and the time spent in front of a computer. I don't miss that. Jason struggles with it daily. He hates it. Some believe that hard work is what life is all about. I'm not sure about that. Today, I was walking in my neighborhood and the trees provided a canopy over us--the water was rushing in the creek down below and the air was warm and breezy--I'll say that today I didn't miss being in the office. Nope. But, I did wish someone was there to really talk to.

This particular post has no point. It's just my thoughts as I sit here. I can hear Jason working in his office. I can hear his little bouts of frustration during the day. I know I struggle with the "stay at home" thing...but today, it's not bad at all.

(these pics are from my walk today.)

No comments: