Thursday, September 16, 2010

Too tired to write anything too interesting.

Tomorrow I leave Z for the first time. I'll be flying to Kansas to meet Dustin for Kortney's wedding. We'll have girl time with lots of talking and laughing. I've already cried today--twice. She'll be fine. Jason will head to Cleveland and she'll be surrounded by doting family. I'm tired tonight. I'm looking forward to the weekend with friends and the ability to sleep in, but the Fall makes me a bit of a homebody. When it's cool out, I just want to keep the house warm and tidy and be under a blanket. The fireplace will soon have a glow and FINALLY my shows will come out of their summer slumber with new episodes! I wish I could be cool and say that I curl up with a book every chance I get, but that's just not true. I curl up with my DVR. It makes me happy. I'll read when I have the brain cells and when I'm not too tired to concentrate on each sentence. I read before bed--bad habit.
Without much to say, I have to cut this short. I could ramble on into some strange string of thought, but I will spare you. I should head down to pack. However, I just might relax on the couch for a bit longer.

1 comment:

Kate Hall said...

remember, you'll be an even better mom for the rest and rejuvenation a weekend away can give you... and she'll grow and learn to trust all those loving family grownups.... it'll be wonderful.
(plus, i can never sleep a wink when i'm away from them... so don't feel too guilty, you probably won't sleep in at all...:)