Monday, September 13, 2010

The thunder shakes the house a bit.

J is out on business. He gets home tomorrow. We went to Cleveland over the weekend to help with the last push of moving his parents out of their home. The new place is still being finished but it's getting closer. It's been hard on them. They raised their family in that house and now are moving on. They have a grandchild now. Times are changing...and rapidly rushing past us. Z is growing so quickly. I just watched Mad Men and ended it in tears when Don picks up his 2 year old boy to say Happy Birthday. I miss my baby. She seems so much like a little girl now. She'll be walking soon and I'll be thrilled but missing the little one I brought home. (THIS is why people keeping having babies.) If I could right now, I'd get pg again. I'm 35. I know people are having children later and later. I don't want to be "too old" to understand things in her life. It'll be my job to keep my mind young and to keep remembering what it was like to grow up. Leila, J's step mom told me she wouldn't want to raise a child in the world we are in today. Well, I can understand that. The technology alone scares me. Will our kids know what a newspaper is? Will they still read books? Will their even be bookstores when she's a teenager? Barnes and Noble doesn't seem to think so. That's so sad to me.
Today is cloudy. It rained this morning and I woke up late. I could hear the rain outside and the wind blowing the trees. I just wanted to stay in bed. It's a dark day, perfect for resting and cleaning up here and there. Z and I went to story time at 10. I made myself get out of the house for fear I would shove us both under the covers all day. She's exhausted. Her aunts kept her up playing all weekend. They love her. But now she's whiny and can't quite get herself together. Hopefully this nap will help.
There's not much to say today. I might spend it checking off things from my list. Or, I might just sit here and watch video after video of my little girl when I first met her. It's such a wondrous time to look back on. I look forward to the woman but I've loved the time spent watching her move through her days learning. We have much to learn from each other.

No comments: