Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween is fun damnit!!


First of all, how cool is this cake? I'm going to do a graveyard cake, but may attempt this one next year. I got the idea from The Today Show.

I'll do my best to take a pic of my cake--but don't expect much.

J and I love Halloween. We love horror movies...and scaring each other. We know that for a few years we'll have to tone it down. Z may not appreciate it too much.

However, even though J likes it, he isn't much for dressing up. That's all of the fun! I'm headed out to find something he'll put on. I think Z (in the future) will appreciate that her parents really get into it. It's fun. It is a bonding time for the family and it shows her we don't take ourselves too seriously. Halloween is a holiday without family drama. No worries of visiting anyone. No fights over the table. Just candy, costumes and some scares. I'm hoping Jason will get more into it as the years go by.

My mom hates Halloween. She shuts off all of the lights and ignores it. BOOO!!! My sister, Wendy and I have always loved it. My dad would dress up in a mask and give candy without saying a word--very eerie. I loved it. I think the "devil holiday" is pretty ridiculous. Come on people...kids get to use their imagination...and so do adults! Enjoy it! Eat your weight in candy and have fun with the Fall colors...walking the streets and meeting your neighbors.

No comments: