Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On Being Naked


Today, Oprah did a show about being "normal"--whether our odd ways of living were shared by others. Pretty much mine was considered normal, but I wanted to be a little more diverse. I may have to start cleaning my house naked. Speaking of that, Regis and Kelly say that not seeing your spouse naked is odd. Hmmm. Well, I will say that J and I are not paraders. I can walk around in my underwear, but totally naked? I don't think I've ever been THAT comfortable...even with myself. My little sister...she's amazing. She's TOTALLY fine naked. She's naked a lot. She will have a conversation with you in the buff. I always envied that quality. I'm comfortable in my sexuality. I have no issues there. It's just my body I guess. Is that possible?

I have a friend who sleeps naked. She always has. I have to wear underwear, but I will say that I don't mind being naked in bed. The sheets feel good. Jason is a fully clothed sleeper. He's just not one to sleep even partially naked. Most of the time he's working late and he doesn't want to think about anything but climbing into bed---fully clothed...in work pants and button down. That's pretty damn tired.

Some parents have "naked time" for their kids. Is this normal? One parent has one night where her daughter sleeps with no undies so that she can "air out." Uhh...can someone comment this???

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't get the need to "air out," because we only do cotton undies. I'm not sure how many little girls are wearing nylon thongs.

I HATE being naked. I can't sleep without pants on, because I hate my thighs touching each other.

My kids like being naked but they're getting old enough that we insist on underwear, at least. But all of the older three run around without shirts all the time. I allowed naked time more when Miss A was little, before I discovered how much better pee is absorbed by clothing than by bare legs.

Kortney said...

Naked time? What is that? We have the occasional kid doing a naked dance after their shower, but we let them know to get some clothes on. I don't think it says nudity is bad its says its bad manners to put your parts in someone's face.

I am the naked sleeper only because I feel my circulation is cut off by clothes when I'm lying flat, and I can relate to the thighs touching thing. I don't like that either.