Monday, October 18, 2010

Religion Chart--Let's compare...


http://www.religionfacts.com/big_religion_chart.htm

Above is a link to a chart that compares religions side by side...
I found this fascinating...but will have to report back on a deeper level later. I'm studying...(well, actually, I'm going to take a nap while it's possible...but I will be getting back to you...)

Later---

Ok, the fact is that if I HAD to choose one that seems to fit how I feel most of the time, it'd be the Baha'i faith. But, when I started to look into it, I started to feel claustrophobic. This is a strange reaction. Any real in depth look into a religion and seeing people worshiping freaks me out. Why is that? Most of my friends say that it's the gathering together that they appreciate the most. For me, it's what makes me the most anxious.

I also felt that I could be Unitarian. Jason and I have discussed going to the Unitarian church in Rochester. Yet, we still haven't gone. I appreciate their open mindedness.

I'd have to really think about this for a long time in order to make a real decision. My first impulse is to shy away from any type of "cataloging" myself into a certain religion. And, thank goodness...no one is asking me to do so. I'm just thinking that Z will eventually ask questions and I'd like to be able to give her some educated answers.

I'm already feeling too heavy. Less heavy blogs to come...

No comments: