Thursday, November 18, 2010

What is this feeling...am I....happy??

Ok, I'm just going to say that lately I've felt...lighter. My heavy mood seems to have lifted. Now, this could be because the holiday season is here and I'm always happier during the holidays. We have family coming and things to look forward to. It could just be adrenaline. I'm not going to rule out the help of the new meds...but I'm not going to base it all on them either. I know I'll come off of them in the near future since I can't be pregnant on them. Sometimes medication can help in the short run. My LONG run of them has made me very wary of their presence in my life. These don't curb my appetite or libido. No weight will be lost on these. (Damn.) However, I am working out and watching my snacks. We'll be in Florida for Christmas, so I have to break out the warmer gear for a week or two. Toned arms are nice to have when that happens.

Our bedroom is almost finished! We went with light gray paint to offset the dark wallpaper. I will take a pic when it's finished. I love it. Now we're addicted and want to do all of our projects NOW. We're holding off though...it's nice to do things in stages. It gives you something to look forward to.

Oh, by the way, the December issue of Oprah's mag (it's a blue cover, I think it's December) has some really great gift ideas!!! Just a heads up.

I'm hoping the gifts will be less this year. I'd like to focus on time spent instead. My memories of the holidays are based around my feelings of togetherness...not of what I got under the tree. Z will be a cute age. She'll like wrapping paper. She has enough toys for now. I think we'll focus on the sights and sounds of Christmas. Oh, and the smells!! The holiday meals...that's the real reason I'm losing weight. I want to gain it back without feeling horrible about myself later.

Sad news--the Japanese Maple lost her leaves yesterday in our big wind storm. She has a few leaves right by the window...almost to say goodbye. I just took pictures of them and will post them later today.

Well, folks, enjoy the day. I plan on reading in my magazines and snipping out gift ideas and recipes. Simple things. The happy me is pretty boring and nauseating. But, I feel better with the thoughts in my head these days. I'm also better to be married to.

No comments: