Thursday, December 30, 2010

The New Year

2011 is looking to be a happy one. 2010 was very happy...so why not keep it going?! This morning, Jason and I mapped out our individual and joint goals for the year. It's a way of beginning again on some things we came up short with last year. I love that feeling of being renewed in a way. I know it's a day like every other day, but the fact that I can make it feel like something more seems to affect its power. I love new beginnings...hence my addiction to relocating. I think I'm finally settled where I am. Now, to get my fix, I map out my year. How do I want to be better? How would I like to feel better this year? What can I do to be a more authentic? Yes, I've been reading in my O magazine...

Here are some of the goals I have thus far:
1. Read more
2. Create photo albums (because having all of our pics on the computer isn't user friendly)
3. Start Z's scrapbook.
4. Shop by a list (this will be the hardest)
5. hit the gym 3x a week.
6. Clear out old paper work.
7. Be more positive, overall.
8. Plan family outings
9. Write a letter a week--an art that is slipping away...and my fam and friends will enjoy it!
10. Write daily--blog or journal.

Yes, of course I want to eat better and get more sleep, but that's a given. I'm energized by this list! I love the idea of restarting. I'm going to print my list and put it on the fridge to keep me honest.

No comments: