Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crazy Lazy

It's been days since I've been out and about. Once we got back from our weekend in Cleveland, I decided to be a shut in. It's been too cold and I've been too overwhelmed by the house. (Meaning, I needed to unload all the luggage and do the laundry and vacuum and clean and psycho OCD things in order to be able to relax.) This is a sad state. I've needed to go to the gym. Today, I'm announcing, I'm going to go! I'm also going to go to Target to get another baby gate. Our house is becoming a fortress of sorts. The girl roams and must be contained.

Matt (Lauer) just said snow is again on its way. Damn. Oh, how I do love the cold beauty of the ice and snow. The mornings arrive fresh and crisp. However, the Spring will be welcomed. Now that Z can walk/run, I need to take this girl to the park to tire herself out. Her small hands don't work in gloves and she won't keep them on--playing in the snow would almost be cruel. I've been watching a Discovery Channel's Everest. It's 6 hours of watching the horrors of climbing Everest. I had no idea of the length of time it takes (about 45 days). Out of about 8 men, only 3 made it to the summit. 2 came out just fine, but the other climbers had several amputations due to frost bite. Is it worth it?? Jason said that before having a family, it was something we would have considered. I understand the desire, I do, but I don't have it within me. If it was a rain forest, maybe. But then you'd be dealing with very large bugs. (shiver)

I'm up in the loft-- as I am every morning. It's really a pretty sight. I look out the windows over my woodsy neighborhood and see the pines, still and perfect. The sky is light blue and pink. The snow has footprints of the family of deer that roam. Yesterday, I had one of those moments where I thought to myself, "I'm happy." Do you ever have those? I've had a few in my life--probably more than a few. When I lived in Cincinnati, I was working at Joseph-Beth Booksellers and I stood in the store and had a "happy" moment occurred and just drank it in. "I''m living with one of my best friends, I'm working in a bookstore like I've always wanted to do, I'm meeting cool people and I'm doing it alone." (Course, my best friend was a newlywed and I was still struggling financially and emotionally with many things--she may not have had such "happy" moments during this time--but she hid it well.) The fact was that that time in Cincinnati was a push off point for me. I really love that city. If you ever get to go, go. It's surprisingly beautiful and unique.) I get off on travels not linked to my family. I see it as growth. "All the people I'm surrounded by right now, I met myself--I traveled to meet them--they are proof of my adventuresome spirit." As I look out over the frozen pines, I feel the same way. But this time, I ventured out with Jason. I'm thrilled that I married someone who also has an adventuresome spirit.

But, I still need to venture out of the house today. Travels of the past won't make up for the onset of crazy lazy ways.

Too cute--Z just found her baby and just SQUEALED with delight. Love it.

Go out and do something adventuresome today--even it means cooking something you've never cooked. Or make plans for a day trip! New perspective is awesome.

No comments: