Friday, February 04, 2011

It's Friday--I survived.



Storms hit Kansas and Chicago BIG TIME this week. Wow. Mostly ON my birthday and the day before. I had friends calling from Kansas City with their misery. KU and KState were both closed as well as all of the government offices. We reminisced about the day KU closed when we were in school. Everyone got a snow day or two in KC in Chicago. Pretty crazy. I loved Facebook for the fact that I was able to see so many of what people were dealing with as they posted pictures and movies of the snow. Seeing Lake Shore Drive looking like a graveyard...pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3Bcngnv3M



The MIL has been here for a week and leaves this morning in 3 hours. I've been thankful for her consistent playing with Z, but not for the side comments and WEIRD fights we've gotten into. You just wouldn't believe how strange. Z is officially spoiled, but that's ok. She's still a good girl.

We went to Little Gym this week and I really enjoyed it. Z loved it. The work they do with balance and the understanding she gains from how her body relates to other objects in size, etc. is cool. She'll hang on a bar soon! She already walked the balance beam her first day. Of course, she had assistance. Still.

Well, I turned 36 this week. Wednesday. Jason and I went for dinner and then to see Blue Valentine. He gave me a card that was beautifully written, chocolates he picked out for the box and a Pandora bracelet. So sweet. Very romantic actually! He did well. Seeing Blue Valentine was an experience. We went to the Little theatre--an art house. It's not something I'd run out and see again, but it made me appreciate what we have. Michelle Williams' performance was so good that I actually recognized myself in her from past relationships. It also was an interesting discussion point about having someone who did a wonderfully good thing for you--yet, it doesn't MAKE the marriage. It takes many things in combination for love to continue to grow and be nurtured. A good deed does not a good marriage make.


We have a leak in our garage apparently. When I went to get more milk from the other fridge, it was frozen over from the outside...drips from the ceiling coated it with ice. Hmmm.

But, FREEDOM soon!!! (Seriously, I'm being a bit of a brat here...she's been so good to Z.)

No comments: