Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Roc mutterings...

It's at least a warmer morning. However, we are expecting 6 inches or so by tomorrow noon. Rochester normally doesn't get as much as Buffalo...but this year, we're really getting slammed. I'd still live in Rochester. It's really a beautiful place to live. I'm actually headed to BUF in a couple of hours to pick up Dustin. Normally, we love to stop at Anchor Bar to eat wings...not sure about today. Z isn't as easy to do this with. She's wiggly and always wants to walk and explore. I'll promise him BBQ at Sticky Lips and we'll come home. Rochester is known for Dinosaur BBQ...well, not KNOWN, but it seems to be the BBQ joint of choice. When searching around our first trip here, we found Sticky Lips and LOVED IT. We've been going there ever since. We're very loyal restaurant people. I'm very loyal to certain joints in Chicago as well. When we visit, we always go to Flat Top Grill, Silver Cloud and Hacienda. I really miss those places--I have so many great memories there. Chicago is a great place to live when you're single...when you're adventurous, when you're growing and if you're open to meeting people and working wherever you can find a job. I look back fondly...it raised me. Jason feels the exact same way. We grew up there. I didn't grow up in college, like most. It took me a while. Chicago's people and experiences allowed Jason and I to grow into the people that we are today--and to be able to grow into the couple we are.

So, Dustin (who was along for my Chicago journey--tho we met in Kansas City) is coming for our BIG Oscar weekend! Typically it's full of Oscar nominated movies, horror flicks (since J, D and I love them), yummy food and lots of talking. We've added playing with Z as another past time. We have lots to discuss. He's on the verge of making some life altering decisions and it's time to talk it all out.

I need to post my predictions...I'll do that. But, now, I need to get out of my pj's.

No comments: