Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mad Winter Blues

I'm officially pissed at Winter. I'm tired of the cold. I'm tired of my house being chilly and of not going out because it's just too cold. Z has a runny nose, so I'm not going to drag her out just to make myself feel better. UGH! Snow everywhere and nothing melting. (Scream!!)

Update: I wrote yesterday about my friend Sarah and how she seemed to be out of my life... She texted me last night and thanked me for trying so hard to make contact. She says she'll call me soon. Hopefully. The text made my day. That's all I need people! Just make contact!! I don't need long conversations with my friends. I just need a little email or text here and there to make me feel connected.

Today, I'm holding off on making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Jason is sick of all of the sweets in the house. I love to bake! I'll wait for Dustin to arrive and then bake away! We'll need lots of comfort food around the house. He appreciates sweets. I appreciate that. Tomorrow is the day! I'm thrilled to have company. I love it. I could always have guests. Hmmm...maybe I'm a B&B person in the making.

The sky is so clear and bright blue. It's casting great shadows on the snow. I have to focus on the beauty of this...or I'll go mad.

1 comment:

ade said...

wow its awesome how some people who dont have some things crave alot for them and those that have them are tired of having them... i wish i had snow and winter in africa