Friday, March 11, 2011

Join Twitter...

I've had a good day with social media today. Twitter allowed me to contact a Tweeter in Japan and see how things were going. I found someone in the region where some friends are living currently. I found out more information on Twitter today than I did on the news. It's such a helpless feeling. Watching the tsunami headed toward Hawaii and not knowing if everyone who needs to evacuate, has. I have a cousin there. I found out later, she and her family are fine. What a day. I feel for those in Japan. I sat, watching the devastation and cried.

We leave for Cleveland this pm. Z and I fly out early in the morning for KC. We'll be in KS for two weeks without Jason. Ugh. I know he'll miss us. It should be a nice trip if I just focus on the present--and not long for NY. It's good for people to see Zo'.

That being said, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to blog for a while. Maybe, but it just depends. I'm helping with some things that may take up all of my time.

I think you should check out Twitter, even if you feel you won't ever Tweet. It's a great way to receive information. In Hawaii--social media was the only way people were receiving information. TVs and radio were off. It's fascinating. It's also a great place if you're not much into Facebook. You don't really have to mention anything about yourself--just watch the tweets.

I'm vbvidmar.

No comments: