Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Spring fever is an understatement

We did get out today. Went to Little Gym. There is only one other little girl in her class...Sofia. A cute girl. Her mom, Hennessy, cool name, shared my feelings of cabin fever. Spring is around the corner, but it can't come soon enough. Z's runny nose persists. I thought I heard her wheazing a bit, so she has a doc appt today to check it out. (Sadly, I was happy to have another reason to get out!) I long for the days of walking in the park. As soon as the damn snow disappears, we're off.

I continue to struggle to figure out how to feel more fulfilled--with my life at home. I feel that I should be doing something more. I don't have the patience to write a novel. Even a script seems like a long shot (pun intended). So, knowing that I love dialogue, I was thinking of trying my hand at a one act play. I think I might enjoy that. Even if it never reaches the stage, I have the need to produce something. I just need to finish a project. My house cleaning can only go so far. I'd like a sense of creative accomplishment. I batted around the idea of a book a while ago, but I really am not sure that would work. I think people would be too busy for the research it entails. It's all about other peoples' lives. Most of my friends are so busy...to fill out a packet of questions seems iffy.

I started (the first page) of Freedom. It's a BIG book. I also want to start The Hunger Games. My friend Lisa told me to read it. I've done some research and people seem to love it. I started following another blog and she loved it...

http://nevernotreading.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-hunger-games-by-susan-collins.html

At least the sun is shining. I'm really struggling with SAD today. What can I do to remedy? The half empty bag of Cadbury mini eggs is just makijng me feel awful. Self medicating with chocolate isn't a great idea. Maybe the gym. I can see how weed has its draw...just to break up the day. (please don't use drugs)

I couldn't live on a glacier. The continuous sight of stark white is driving me crazy.

No comments: