Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Just stopping by

My new friend, Debbie came over today. It was nice to sit and talk and watch her adore Z. She's very maternal and made me feel comfortable. J and I don't have many friends here. The few we do have are from work and we don't see them much. Though...Dan, my former boss, is coming over for food and games on Saturday night. My good friends are elsewhere and I keep in touch well. I don't feel lonely. However, that being said, it was great have someone stop by to chat in my kitchen...and bring sweets. We have some things in common and spent a lot of time swapping stories. I feel a real friendship budding!! I've always enjoyed being around older women...maternal figures to look up to make me happy. She's younger than my mother, but old enough to be my mother in age.

As I look out, the trees are still bare. No buds yet. An there is a dark gray cloud that seems a little threatening.

Zoƫ keeps saying her new words...apple and up and HELLO!!!! It's sickening how cute it is. I can hear Elmo (who she calls "Mo") in the other room laughing. She's tickling him. They're great friends.

No comments: