Monday, May 23, 2011

Everybody Hurts

Just got done watching Shania Twain's show on OWN. This particular episode was particularly good. The show really focuses on healing. She communicates with a lot of different people in order to deal with the pain in her own life. I've always felt that my interactions with others is how I learn/heal best. That's why we are all here I believe. We are all connected. Our souls weave in and out of one another. So much healing and loving is done by just communicating. I spent so much of my teens and twenties just trying to talk and connect to my friends. The electronic age seems to have stolen a lot of that away from me. So many of my friends don't communicate well via email or even the phone. We grew to be friends face to face and it's hard to feel close any other way. We are all in different places now--we should Skype. I miss the chats in my mom's kitchen and on the floors of my assorted apartments throughout the years. I miss having that soul connection.

Watching the Shania episode just now, I am reminded of how each of us are so damaged in our own way. To see the devastation in Joplin, MO today...seeing how people are dealing with such loss...it's incomprehensible to me. As human beings, we are all struggling each day. Yes, I like the focus on the positive and I see the joys of every day life. At the moment, I can hear the birds outside and love all the green surrounding the house. I love the sounds of nature and feel it has it's own healing powers. The silence. Healing can reach each of us in so many ways. I heal by talking, listening to music, listening to the outdoors, sitting quietly, writing and by just reading about others' experiences. I do believe there is life after our life here on earth. Meaning, I believe in what many would call Heaven. I'm not sure what I'd call it. But, I believe in the spirit and how we are all connected together. I believe that we have so much power in our connections than we do in our separations. I've spent a lot of time trying to separate myself from many things in my life. There is so much to learn. What places/people do you use as your grounding forces? I'm so distant from many of my gravitational pulls...it's hard.

If you get a chance to see Shania's show on OWN, you should check it out. It's at least thought provoking.

No comments: