Friday, June 24, 2011

Hearts...dark and breaking.

The baking continues today. I'm in the mood for some good snacks around here! I made No Bake cookies just now (in honor of a my friend, Becky's birthday) and will finish up my cup cakes today.
I'm anxiously awaiting my Netflix--Hearts of Darkness. Here's the scoop: (Wikipedia)


The title is derived from the source material for Apocalypse Now, the Joseph Conrad novella Heart of Darkness. Using behind the scenes footage, and narrated by Eleanor Coppola, it chronicles how production problems including bad weather, actors' health and other issues delayed the film, increasing costs and nearly destroying the life and career of Francis Ford Coppola. In 1990, Eleanor Coppola turned her material over to two young filmmakers George Hickenlooper and Fax Bahr who then shot new interviews with the original cast and crew and intercut them with her existing material. After a year of editing, Hickenlooper, Bahr, and Coppola debuted their film at the 1991 Cannes Film Festival[1] to universal critical acclaim.

I'm really excited. Rob Lowe discusses his time with Martin Sheen directly after Martin shot Apocalypse Now.  I've never seen it. I know, I know!! I'm watching it first and then the doc right after. Or maybe I should watch the doc first? hmmm. Anyway, I think it's a great way to learn about movie making. It reminds me of watching The Godfather trilogy and then reading The Godfather Legacy by Harlan Lebo. That was fascinating! (I'm geeking out a bit here)

Today is hot and sticky. Z is recovering from a skin infection that needs to be changed twice a day. She also had to take medicine for it. A bite got infected...probably at Little Gym or something. Anyway, she's been limping and whiny (it's on the inside of her thigh) and is being babied big time by us. When we went to the doctor, she had to drain it for what seemed like eternity, but probably a good ten minutes. Z screamed and cried and kept repeating, "Don't....don't" it was heartbreaking. It was all I could not to break down with her, but I thought if she saw me cry, she'd be scared. I sang to her and asked her questions--which she answered. She's a good girl. I just love her.

Okay, time to bake!

No comments: