Saturday, June 11, 2011

I need to start playing the lottery.

Today I spent time doing yard work. It's not my favorite thing. Jason hates it. I don't mind mowing, but it's the weeding that really gets me. We have a yard that required a lot of maintenance. We are not yard people. We are people who want more time to drink our coffee and read the paper. We want to hike or go to brunch. Anything, but do yard work. I'd love to have flowers, but I don't know how to plant anything. I'm going to learn so that Z will know how. I sprayed the weeds and then the three of us went to the gym. I'd love to say it was for our health, but I feel it was just to delay the rest of the yard.

I listened to Jane at the gym. (Jane Fonda's book) I learned all about her side of the Vietnam FTA story. I see where she was misjudged, but after hearing her side, I totally understand what she was trying to do. Many really were turned off of her during that time--and never got turned on again to Jane. Living your life in front of the press would be aggravating. The stories written in tabloids get to be fact and you don't get the opportunity to do anything unnoticed. Everyone develops opinions on your every move. I can't imagine. So many of want to be noticed all of the time. So many are starved for fame. Most just want to be acknowledged, I'm sure. Acknowledgement is so important. I think we forget to do this for the ones we love. We went to Barnes last night and I got The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Four of my friends had asked me if I'd read it, so it seemed as if the universe was trying to tell me something. I'll write more on it later--but I am learning! We do need to remember to smile when we see our loved ones. We do it for our toddlers...then we seem to stop. I'm now focusing on it.

Money allows you to spend your time doing what you really want to do. I think that's why we want so much of it. Yes, you can get a lot of stuff--but I think we'd spend a lottery winning putting people in place to do things like the yard, the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry...and we'll sit and drink our coffee and read the rest of The Times.  Oh, and go to movies...my, how we miss going to movies. gosh.

No comments: