Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Life in Pictures

Today was rainy and low key. Jason watched Z during nap time while I went to the store and finally got food into the house. Yesterday I was so ridiculous that I went to McDonald's to get milk for Z. That's pretty bad--if only grocery stores had a drive thru!

We did make it to the gym where I was able to listen to my friend Shirley (Maclaine) talk about aliens and her belief in their existence. I wrote my senior term paper about UFOs and was very interested in her views. Jason believes in them. I don't have a reason not to I suppose. I also learned after reading this book right after Jane Fonda's that the Nixon administration had both of those women's homes bugged and their phones tapped. Interesting. Shirley said that once she started talking more about aliens, they left her alone assuming that she was just crazy.

I will be listening to books by writers whom are not actresses, but growing up watching movies and having been a Film major in college--I feel like I know these women. I've watched them my entire life. It's almost like they are aunts of mine that I just haven't met in person yet. I feel close to them somehow. Movies are my go to when I feel...well, about anything. They are my favorite hobby and my best comfort. I really don't know what kind of person I'd be like if movies didn't exist. They are so much a part of my make up. Tonight I'm watching a documentary about Stanley Kubrick. I am familiar with his work, of course, but not with the man. I love documentaries about directors. I always felt I could have been one. I'll let you know how it is tomorrow.

No comments: