Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On being a woman.

Zoë graduated from a Bee to a Beast today in her Little Gym class. We celebrated by going to a strawberry patch, riding a tractor out to the patches and then partaking in a delicious bowl of strawberry shortcake. It was amazing.

We both came home and napped. Now, I feel it's gym time. I'm going to listen to Shirley Maclaine's latest novel and see how that is. She falls into the category of a woman who has lived some life and might have lessons to learn from. I'm all about female energy and lessons that I can learn from those who have been around a while. I feel like I have a little time bomb that I need to have my shit together for. I want Z to be able to trust advice from me and I want to know as much out there about being a woman in this world that I can. She'll face so much more than I did--am. Yes, it's like I'm reading instruction manuals for women.

I have much more to write about today....it will have to wait. We're off to the gym. I normally write during nap time and today...my pillow was calling to me.

************

The gym was a good thing. I'm going almost every day...mostly to listen to my book, but it gets me there! Shirley is very opinionated and a little gruff, but I really enjoy her take on life. She's 76 now and she's very aware of time she wasted on things that are just not important. I find her funny and wise...and a little of a conspiracy theorist. It's extremely enjoyable to listen to.

We came home and relaxed by watching Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa). I find her show to be the most relaxing thing...ugh. She's on the Cooking network. I love her. When Z sees her she shouts, "Ina!!"

more tomorrow.

No comments: