Monday, July 18, 2011

It was a dark and stormy morning...

Finally, rain. It's been so hot and dry. Nothing like Kansas and other states, but enough to be draining. The dark sky and rain soaked streets were a relief to drive along. The trees, swaying. The sun does put me in a great mood, most of the time. But, a dimly lit world is also nice. It makes you feel like curling up and cuddling with those you love--or just with a book. The birds are ecstatically chirping outside. They are dancing in the puddles. They've been hot and thirsty. I've been constantly filling our bird bath for some relief. Poor things. The chipmunks and squirrels like it, too.

My mom and niece are coming in tomorrow night. We leave for NYC on Friday for quick trip and it's going to be hot. Walking around hot city streets could be challenging. Luckily, we'll have museum air conditioning. I'm looking forward to watching their faces as they see things they've only seen in movies. NYC is larger than life. I will never forget my first trip there in early 2001 with my friend, Dustin. It was life changing. Had I not gone on that trip, I know I wouldn't be here, now. Isn't that cool how that works?? One trip...or one experience...and BAM...your life is changed forever.

No comments: