Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Family and phobias

Today, my mom and niece come to visit. Kendra, 16, will be attending a drama camp here in Rochester and Mom and I will hang around and play with Z. We're all headed to NYC this weekend. Of course, we pick the hottest fricken weekend so far. Ugh. We'll drive to Poughkeepsie and then take the train. J and Z are headed to Cleveland...I think. Jason can really never make his mind up until the last possible moment.

So, I'm cleaning and trying to make my life look picture perfect. ?? It's almost like I want everyone to have a vacation out of the movies. The houses are always clean and the yards are perfect and the weather is perfect and...you get the point. Ridiculous. It can't happen. I'll end up being a 36 year old child with my mom. Even though at times our roles are starting to reverse...I still feel younger. When Wendy gets here, I'll really reprise the role of younger sister. Isn't that odd?? I'm always 15, she, 20.

It's hot and muggy. It creates a feasting ground for bugs. We are cleaning out the back room of our laundry room--a cement dungeon FULL of scary things. Jason is not looking forward to the things he'll find. He's not much on bugs...at all. I don't get it. We are HUGE compared to these things. Such power we gives things that we can crush with our shoes. It's as if suddenly...it's going to jump up and latch onto your face. (Another movie phobia) Movies have enriched my life but also caused so many phobias that I almost can't leave the house. Not really...but I wonder if I'd be half as scared about anything without having that knowledge.

No comments: