Thursday, September 08, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

I thought today was Friday. My days are running together. Last night, I soaked in a hot bubble bath and listened to Eckhart Tolle's book "Transmuting Suffering into Peace." Can't hurt, right? His voice is about as soothing as you can get. I was so relaxed. I'd like to try to meditate in the future. It's hard with a toddler. Whew. But, I'm going to try. Tolle's book is about as close as I can get right now. I first heard about Tolle on Oprah. She read A New Earth and loved it. I bought that one as well. I signed up for the class and really enjoyed it. I just signed up for her new Lifeclass. I'm going to get some education wherever I can. I was in the first million to sign up, so she's sending me a journal to use in the class.

I keep thinking about something Alice Walker said in her conversation with Wilma and Gloria. She said that heaven is now. There is nothing after we die. God lives inside of us. Why would you live your life knowing that the after life is better than what you are living? Interesting point. She and Gloria made it pretty obvious that they are not monotheistic. "It drives me crazy!" said Gloria. I do agree with the idea that religion can be dangerous. Jason also doesn't believe in heaven or hell. He's not sure about the God part. I am. I do believe God is inside of us. I am not monotheistic either.  I don't know about heaven or hell. I just know that there are people I want to see again. I long for my grandparents every day. I also miss my friend. If our spirits can find one another after this world, I'm all for it. I don't need the promise of pearly gates. I just want to be hugged again.

They joke (sort of) about the fact that religion is man's way of saying, "ok, a woman can give life...but man can give you everlasting life." A way of upping us. Men are jealous that we can have babies. Also, the point was made that most places of worship are shaped in the same way a woman is shaped.  (Ok, visualize this...) Three entry ways into an aisle (canal), two bodies on each side (ovaries), to the alter where a man promises you life (our womb). Can you see it?

No comments: