Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Back from the library...

So, after perusing for quite a while, these are the audio books I picked up. There are so many more to listen to...I can't wait to dive in!

- Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda.
I've always liked Alda. My parents like him and he reminds me of them in the way that listening to Simon and Garfunkel reminds me as well. I LOVE The Four Seasons. I used to watch it all the time with my mom. I still quote it. It's light and an autobio read by him. Nice.

- Kate Remembered by A. Scott Berg.
I've always wanted to know more about Kate Hepburn. I guess she became friends with Berg in his 30s and they remained friends for over 20 years. I wish she'd written her own book, but a biography written by a close friend will do.

- Loving Frank by Nancy Horan.
This one is historical fiction. It's about a woman's clandestine affair with Frank Lloyd Wright. This is the line that got me: "Drawing on years of research, Horan weaves little-known facts into a compelling narrative, vividly portraying the conflicts and struggles of a woman forced to choose between the roles of mother, wife, lover, and intellectual. Horan's Mamah is a woman seeking to find her own place, her own creative callin gin the world, and her unforgettable journey, marked by choices that reshape her notions of love and responsibility, leads inexorably to this novel's stunning conclusion.

- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James.
I wanted to read a classic...but I also wanted to play into the Fall season and it's ghostly feel. This will do just fine.

No comments: